Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Babies

I don’t see any reason as to why surrogacy would be outlawed. As long as all the parties consent it all seems fine. There are plenty of reasons why people physically cannot have kids, and if someone still wanted to have one this is their way of doing that. I don’t know why a woman would actually want to carry someone else’s baby inside of them because I am sure pregnancy must suck, but as long as they consent then there is no reason that it should not be allowed. I think that John Locke would support this because having a child is one of those basic rights that everyone should be granted. If a woman was in an accident or something tragic like that and was no longer able to have kids, does that mean that they are not allowed to have another woman do it for them? I don’t know whether there is or not, but there should be a procedure that that wannabe parents have to go through to make sure that they are fit enough to be parents. And just like the wannabe parents the woman who is going to have the baby should have a background check. I don’t personally agree with a woman having someone else’s baby because I think that you should only do that with someone that you really love, but if that’s how they want to give back to the community I don’t think that it should be illegal.

No comments:

Post a Comment