Thursday, February 26, 2009

Questions, Questions, Questions

1. Marx comments on how capitalism was necessary to progress to our current spot in history.  With capitalism comes a sense of individual responsibility.  But with the rise of communism, there is an emphasis on group well-being.  What will contribute to the switch in mentality?  What will make workers (and then bosses) change from thinking only of themselves to thinking about the groups' well-being?

2. Communism comes about and everyone is free to follow their true desires.  But I don't have any desires to follow.  I like watching television, listening to my iPod and eating potato chips on my couch.  I frankly don't care about anything.  Since everything is taken care of for me in a communist state, what incentives do I now have to do anything with my life?  Why's to stop me from being a bump on a log until I die?

No comments:

Post a Comment