Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Sex Slavery

I do believe that the United States should intervene with sex trafficking, I just don’t think that the U.S. can do it now. I do believe that it is a big issue, however, I think that the U.S. has to take care of some domestic issues beforehand, also the war on Iraq. But I think that once we get that all settled then I think that the U.S. should take action. I suppose that one of the major things the U.S. could actually do is just sanction Cambodia. I don’t see any reason why we shouldn’t take any action. If their government isn’t going to take a big enough stand on the issue then I think the U.S. should. It is clearly a moral issue that we need to take stand against, we can’t sit around while no one does anything and pretends like nothing is happening. I feel as if too many people in the U.S. only look to help other countries as long as there is a benefit for the United States. One clear example of this would be Sudan, and I think just because something that is wrong and going on in another country should still have someone take a stand against it.

No comments:

Post a Comment