Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Should the United States Intervene?

Do I feel awful for the girls in Cambodia being forced into sex trafficking? Yes. Do I feel that the United States should do something about it at this point in time? No. At this point in time, our economy is in a terrible recession. America should be concerned with getting itself back on its own two feet, and not the girls in Cambodia. Even though it’s not exactly the same, girls in America are being forced into prostitution to make a living. America should therefore be helping the women in its own country before others. I believe if the United States was in a different position by not have an economic recession we would be able to focus more on people in other countries who need our help. However, right now is not the time and place for America to be intervening in other countries issues.
Since I do believe sex trafficking is wrong and should be stopped, I have a liberal view. I believe every person has the right to the pursuit of happiness. However, my view of what the United States should do is completely opposite of liberalism. I am pretty much saying that the United States should not be concerned with other people’s freedom at this point in time. However, making sure girls in Cambodia are living a better life is not a main concern in America at this moment. The main concern should be making sure Americans are living a better life.

No comments:

Post a Comment